* Pintail: male and female on Aveley Pools.
* Jack Snipe: one from the viewing mound.
* Curlew: one on the foreshore.
* Yellow-legged Gull: a first-winter over the reserve and 12 ads along the Kent foreshore on the falling tide (among many hundreds of large gulls, including good numbers of both graellsii and intermedius Lesser Black-backs).
* Great Spotted Woodpecker: one in the scrub.
* Redwing: one heard over the scrub.
* Cetti's Warbler: one singing briefly in the reedbed by Aveley Pools.
* Chiffchaff: one in the scrub.