|Male Vermillion Flycatcher at the Aztec site of Teotihuácan, north of Mexico City.|
- The birding in any country with a national list of more than 1,000 species has got to be top notch.
- From Aztec pyramids to Mayan temples, the cultural heritage is outstanding.
- The cuisine is among the best in the world.
- There is almost no chance of bumping into the oafish Jeremy Clarkson*.
- Nor his irritating nurk of a sidekick, Richard Hammond (Dick for short)**.
While this is certainly not a birding trip, with more focus on family activities and other interests, birds will inevitably feature (and frequently, at times). Posts will be short and possibly sweet, as internet access allows, and will major on images, with just this handsome male Vermillion Flycatcher to get things underway.
* For more on Clarkson's ignorant slurs against Mexico and its people, see the BBC's website (and also this YouTube clip for another career 'achievement' when the Top Gear presenter quaffs Ortolan Bunting snack).
** See the first link above for the same from his lapdog Hammond.